Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2021

 What’s The Point

In Te Ngahere I have been learning how to use place value to add decimals to 2 places.  The easiest way for me to add 2 decimals together is pulling the number behind the decimal point(which is the tenths column) away from the whole number in both of the numbers then add them together separately. I think this is the easiest way for me to add using decimals any number over 0.9 is a whole number and adding numbers like 0.4 + 0.9 is easy  because I know how to do that, my teacher showed me how to use this strategy. I found it hard trying to do this at first because I just learnt how to do this yesterday (29/03/21) but once I got home my mom showed me an easier way to find the answers for addition decimals.


Do you know how to solve any decimal equations? Here’s a photo of my work---->

2 comments: