Pages

Monday, May 24, 2021

 The Amazing Bake

In Te Ngahere the year 7s were doing cooking at tech again but this time we made a potato bake. The potato bake we made had a lot of ingredients like potato obviously, salt, bacon, veggies and cheese sauce. The first thing to do when you're making potato bake is boil the potatoes in water with salt then cut up your veggies and meat. When the potatoes are done put them in a big bowl and hack at them with a knife, I think when we made our potatoes they were 1 of the best because they were soft all throughout the potato. After that is done you will have to make the cheese sauce but I figured out that was not to hard, so all you have to do is put butter in a pot and wait for it to melt and then add 4 tablespoons of white flour into it, when that is done you have to mix it and put in 1 and a half cups of milk slowly then it will start to thicken so you would have to mix it continuously until thick then add cheese and do the same thing again and after 1 to 5 mins your cheese sauce will be done. Then put the cheese sauce on the potatoes and that’s a potato bake.  What I found hard this time was not over cooking the potatoes. But I found cutting the veggies a lot easier than cooking the potatoes.


Have you cooked potato bake before?


6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Boston my name is Nikau and I go to Ahipara school. I really liked what you wrote and the potato bake seemed liked it was very nice.Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Boston my name is Bryson from Ahipara school. I like what you told us about your potato bake, it sounds very nice. Maybe next time you could add a photo. Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Boston I´m Kedjron from Ahipara school. I really like how you talk about your year 7s tech and your baked potato. Maybe next time you could try to show us the photo of the baked potato. Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Boston I'm Tait from Ahipara School. I like how you told us about your year and what you did. Maybe next time you could add a photo to your writing, Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete